Monday, February 4, 2008

Bye bye Baby Gray

After scouring the internet for some really sappy country song I decided I just don't listen to country enough and I need to update my cell phone with Brad's number(blasted 3 cell phones in a month). The point being, my baby boy is all grown-up. Earlier today I was going to post a triumphant post under the heading I saw the sign (can't let my creative genius go unnoted). In it I was going to laud Gray's latest accomplishments. Just this weekend he's started signing "more" "all done" and "please". In addition, he's started nodding yes (not just shaking no) and performing all kinds of tricks that he thinks are hilarious.

It all changed tonight. It all started out innocently enough, just a haircut. Next thing my eyes welled up with tears as my baby boy disapeared before my eyes. In his place was a little man, complete with scrapes and chocolate smears. To add insult to injury we discovered that Gray has a crazy cowlick and has inherited the infamous Jones(Grandma Candi) forehead. Reed's been teasing me all night. But, there's a good chance Gray may be our last little one and I just want him to stay little and sweet and cuddly. In his honor (and to even the screentime score) here's a slideshow documenting Gray's transformation.

BEFORE
AFTER

No comments: