Thursday, December 11, 2008

The fleeting nature of beauty

Matts: Mom, I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world. I'll always think you're the most beautiful girl in the world.

Me: Thanks Matts, but what about the girl you're going to marry, I'll bet she'll be beautiful.

Matts: Nope. I'm not getting married. Uncle Thomas and I are going to live together. What's that called?

Me: A bachelor?

Matts: Yep, me and Thomas we're going to be bachelors together.

Later that night
Matts: Mom, if you're still alive, can I sleep in your bed when I'm 15?


Apparently, my time here on earth may be short, but at least it's sweet :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kendall!!! you found my blog. wahoo!! and I found yours. How's vacation going? I went to lunch with Tanya Hartman today, and she really wants to hang out more with some of us girls. we should definitely all get together when we're all home and go out or something. Your blog is cute and that conversation with Mattson cracks me up. Don't worry, you will be around longer than that....we hope anyways. That was funny.

Melia and Christian said...

That is one of the sweetest and funniest conversations I have read in a long time - thank you for sharing!