Thursday, February 5, 2009

The 4 F's of Coping

1. Family
I'm blessed to be at the point in my life where I have three families. The family I grew up in who know me inside and out and can nurture me accordingly, laugh at my jokes and assure me I'm not crazy. The family I married into who make me feel like a queen and adore my boys and finally the family we've created. Somewhere along the last 10 years Reed has become my rock; my partner, my helpmeet and my love. Add to that an angel in heaven to keep us on track and two boys to fill our house with life and laughter and everything is easier.

2. Friends
Amendment: I've been blessed with 4 families, some just aren't related by blood. With family so far away, friends are absolutely essential. While in Atlanta we've developed friendships that will last a lifetime and have been an absolute lifeline.

3. Food, glorious food
Anyone with foreseeable hardtimes should join the LDS church if only to enjoy the massive, fabulous amounts of food that will ensue. Few things are better than a delicous, nutrious meal at the end of a hard day, especially if it just magically appears.

4. Flowers
It may be shallow, but I love them and they make me feel better. I especially enjoy seeing what arrangements people choose to send as they always reflect a part of who they are. Thank you to one and all who know that I like pretty things and they make me happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to bring you guys some Cafe Rio Salads next Wednesday. Will that work? Just let me know...Hope you guys are doing good. We think about you all the time and you are in our prayers. If the weekend works better for you, we can do that too.

Heather Inns said...

Hey I found your blog on Kandis' blog and I hope you don't mind I added you to our blog.

We also want you to know we are so sorry for what you are going through, you are in our thoughts and prayers. If there is any thing we can do please let us know. If you need some ice cream or even someone to talk too please let us know.

Unknown said...

Hey guys, Can I bring those salads next Wed. instead? This week got slammed with babysitting and cooking for the missionaries Wednesday and Friday. I really want to bring dinner though, so bear with me and next week will be perfect. I don't have much going on at all. Just let me know if that will work, or else I will just plan on it and show up at your door with food.