Monday, June 15, 2009

A wild weekend

We had the great pleasure of going on safari this weekend. I was absolutely blown away. It was honestly one of the coolest things we've done in Georgia. We got to feed a multitude of bison/deer/other hoofed animals. They would stick their entire head in the van trying to get the food (and the kiddo's fingers). We discover that they have nasty breath and gargantuan tongues. For Reed the highlights were the giraffe, the rhinoceros and the lightning-fast finger-eating ostriches. I loved the ligers (Chelsea; they even had two babies). I thought Shasta was the only liger -they're much better alive. For Matts the highlight was the pigs(?) and taking pictures of "Anything beautiful", such as every parrot at the park. Our fearless Gray would giggle every time he fed an animal (by himself)and even touched the rhino. I would highly, highly recommend this to anyone in the area.



2 comments:

Holly Park said...

I think I know where our family vacation will be once the boys are up for it...looks like a great time!

Chelsea said...

that's awesome! i'm so jealous. i wish i could come out and visit those cute boys and the cute safari animals.