Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Great to be 8!

On March 30th our Matts turned 8.  I say it with every birthday, every major event.  But, time really does go by so quickly.    We celebrated with a Spy party with friends and a trip to Legoland over spring break.  

 After much thought and prayer Matts asked to be baptized in Sweden when we are there over the Summer. Through his experience of deciding where to be baptized Matts had an excellent opportunity to practice praying over a problem and receiving an answer from the Holy Ghost.  It was quite special to watch as his obedience has already blessed him and others.   
"Those roses are beautiful, we should take an extra picture there because I look so good.  

The Birthday suit, which he BEGGED for.  To quote him his first Sunday "Mom, I have a good sense of style.  I know what looks good and I feel good wearing it."  
Matts,
You are a strong, spirited boy.  You have a desire to do exactly what's right and will never run out of the energy to do what needs to be done.  I feel humbled to be your mom.  I love the way you remember and examine everything about anything interesting.  
Keep learning, keep growing and keep striving to do what's right.  

2 comments:

Holly Park said...

Glad he had a great birthday and love his new suit! So handsome! I am glad he'll be able to be baptized in Sweden and know it will be a special experience, even though everyone won't be able to make it.

Diane said...

What a handsome boy! I'm so glad that Matts had a great #8 birthday. Being baptized in Sweden will be so memorable for him, and will also be such a great gift for your parents!