Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The most unluckiest person alive

Since I am too lazy to download pics from Utah I've swiped my post from our triathlon site to keep our blog from becoming completely obselete.

It all started EARLY Saturday morning as I faithfully met Ariel at her pool to complete our "triple play" for the day. All went well with the swim; no swallowed frogs or murderer attacks. But, as we ran up the hill it all started to go horribly wrong. I (of course) forgot my keys and sprinted back down the hill. Once at the pool I couldn't open the gate. It's only a little fence, so in all my 27 years of wisdom I decided to jump it. As the ball of my left foot hit the ground it was over. I did something horribly wrong to it (bruised my metatarsal bones and some tendons). I hobbled through the rest of our workout and spent the rest of the day on the couch, miserable.

While on the couch I debated wether or not to go to urgent care. What were they going to do? Tell me my foot was hurt? Thanks, but I think I figured that one out on my own. Also, I'm an expert on the whole RICE routine, it's just hard to follow in my current situation. Let me explain:

REST: Have you met my two little guys?

ICE: I'm allergic to the cold. Seriously, I break out in hives if I get too cold. Which would you pick? Swollen, deformed foot or itchy, swollen foot?

Compression: Did I mention I got an ant bite on the arch of my foot at Matts' soccer game. This may not seem like a big deal but, I'm also allergic to our lovely Georgian ants. Reed was fascinated to watch my ankle swell up until I had no ankle.

Elevation: No, real problem here, but give me a minute I'm sure something will come up.

And I couldn't even escape into oblivion, courtesy of pain-killers. As the day went on I came down with Gray's wicked cold. No wonder the child's been ornery. This left me debating the virtues of anti-inflammatories for my foot or cold medicine for my cold.

When it rains it pours.

1 comment:

Holly Park said...

Dang! What does this mean for your triathlon? I'm assuming you can't just shake it off...hope you're back at it soon!