Saturday, October 3, 2009

Trek to the Tri, Part II

Just when you think you know what to expect, life throws you a curve. In all our planning, scheming, talking and training we NEVER talked about rain/wind/miserable storms in our sunny, Mexico Beach, race planning. Consider us schooled.
Trek to the Tri #2 ended in the pouring rain. It was freezing for the swim (the racers huddled in the ocean water pre-start), let up for the bike (thank heaven) and was just plain sloshy for the run. On the plus side, we all pulled through quite respectably (placing 1st or 2nd in our divisions) and I felt great post-race. I guess it's a testiment to the pure awesomeness of my training partners, and our matching paisley tanks, that I'm already planning on next year.

2 comments:

Caldwell Family said...

That's AWESOME Kendall! I hope that I'll be around for next year and maybe I can join you guys! It sounds awesome!

Holly Park said...

Congrats! You are a trooper! Maybe you can go to Ranger school with Kyle?