Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School

The big boys started school on Monday. Both are going to the same schools and both have some of their best friends in their classes, which made it nice and easy.

G striking a pose on his way to Pre-k 4.
Interesting note, at his open house G went into full blown 'I'm pleased, but trying not to show it'/'I'm too cool to get excited'. Makes me wonder what he'll be like when he's a full blown teen.
Matts, taking school very serious. It's been interesting to watch Matts the past few weeks. He so obviously wants to do the right thing and do it the right way. It's a trait I've always admired, helping a growing boy deal with it has been interesting and little challenging. On a lighter note at Sunday dinner we were discussing the first day of school and how we were going to celebrate.
"Mom, I think we should have a big back to school dinner with something really special, like sandwiches."
And we did.
Love these boys and I can't believe they're growing up so fast. They're each so great in their different ways. I'm excited to see what the school year brings.

2 comments:

Heather Inns said...

They are so big a cute. I love them.

Holly Park said...

I'm so glad you went big with sandwiches! Too funny! It seems like I blink and everyone is growing up!! Hope they are having a fun first week of school!