Saturday, September 3, 2011

Communication

Even in a house full of boys we have a LOT of talking going on.

Although Christian is new to the game he's finally getting the idea that he can make his wishes known. For example, on Saturday he would not take a nap. After the allotted 1 1/2 hours in his crib Reed and I went into get him. Turns out there was a very good reason he didn't sleep. He was too busy pulling his diaper out through the bottom of his onesie. We asked him where his diaper was and soon found it hidden under his blanket. When we asked Christian if that was his diaper he vehemently shook his head, grabbed the diaper and began stomping on it. Oh, he's also decided instead of crying to get out of his crib in the morning or after nap yelling "all done" at the top of his lungs (1 of his 2 words) is much more effective.

Lastly, over the weekend I decided we may have to move ASAP.
While at the river on Saturday Matts asked me
"Mom, how deep do you reckin' (how do you even spell that?) the river is there?"
I told him I didn't know, but I reckin'd we've been living in the south too long :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hilarious, Kendall! What fun, full days you have with those 4 boys--all of whom are absolute CHARACTERS!! It makes me laugh to read your post, and I love the pictures! Hope you are all doing well, and that you are maintaining your sanity, despite a household of zaniness. I sincerely apologize if any of my genetics was involved...