Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Take 2

The injury

Add stitched up and ready to go
1 time I've taken a kiddo to the ER while Reed's out of town. 
(He was in North Georgia on an Offsite.  Before he left, we joked that at least if I had to go to the ER he would be close)
2 children abandoned at the park while I rushed G to the hospital. 
 (There were 3 other close friends there to tend them)
3+ Times I was assured that stitches are WAAAAAAAY worse than broken bones
Hours spent at the hospital 
(Peterson family rule= if it's on the face, we get the plastic surgeon, even if you have to wait)
5 miles.  Distance I was from my car when Grayson called the next day from school to come home.  
(For the record, I was in his classroom in 40 minutes)
6 Stitches
Grayson was very brave and cheerful through the whole ordeal.  He's at that wonderfully egocentric age (Mom, look, they even have the light switches colored red for me) where attention and unlimited access to Cartoon Network/iphone are remarkably effective medicine.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

poor gray! that looks like it hurt. hope he's feeling better and give mattson a big birthday hug from us!

Holly Park said...

Those accident-prone boys of yours... poor guy! He looks like he is being so brave!