Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I'd like to wish a very Happy Father's Day to all the men out there. I have been very fortunate to have many strong and caring men in my life. I am especially grateful for the wonderful role-models that my boys will have to look up to. And because I love a good list here's top five favorite things about the dad's in our family:
Reed (with Elle)
1. He makes everyday an adventure.
2. He is secretly (or not so secretly) all of our children's "favorite" (yes, even Elle's).
3. When he's around there's always laughter and fun.
4. He works incredibly hard to provide a good life for our family and give our boys every opportunity.
5. He gets to know everyone and anyone, then says the craziest things and they love him for it.

Grandpa Greg with Grayson (less than 1 hour old)

1. He has made us all proud "Reagan-philes".

2. Magically, his flight schedule lines up perfectly with his grandchildren's locations (SLC to Tokyo via Denver?) and important dates (Gray's birth).

3. He takes my crazy boys "exploring" and they love him for it.

4. He always makes time to take me out to lunch when I'm in town.

5. He is the most Christ-like man I know.

Grandpa Don and Matts

1. 99.9% of the time he is "just peachy".

2. Gracie is his 7th and probably favorite child.

3. He understands why it's ironic that Harry Connick Jr. and Barbara Streisand sing Christmas carols.

4. He keeps the pond stocked with snake food, aka coi fish, and lets Matts name them crazy things like "Tanker Truck".

5. Underneath his gruff exterior he is very thoughtful and kind (Hot Tamales anyone?).

No comments: