Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The hills are alive...

This past weekend Reed and I had the great treat of going to a costume party. The theme was "Sound of Music" and the idea of a costuming Reed and myself was truly daunting. But, never fear, my many talents came into play. And by talents I mean "outsourcing". Basically, I know people who know how to do things. This week it happened to be Ariel's mom. With her costuming skills (seriously, she does costuming for a local theatre in Denver) and my love of sequins we were set. Add to our skills the theme of "Sound of Music" and we were set.

For those of you who don't know, not only did my family watch "The Sound of Music" so many times that I can still recite the entire movie today(No, I'm not exaggerating; ask Reed about our recent movie night). But, as part our ambassadorial duties in Sweden my siblings and I were the VonTrapp family singers. I'm completely serious, we even did the actions to "So long, farewell". I guess in retrospect dressing up isn't all that bad :)
There is so much more I could say, but let me sum it up with this:
Suede pants (women's size 10): $10.00
Trim for the leiderhosen: $10.00
Tassels for the knee socks: $1.00
Reed's face on seeing his costume: priceless
The lonely goatherd and his lovely lady


It was a wonderful night full of food, friends and of course, the sound of music.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.


***A HUGE thank you to Ariel's mom who did an AMAZING job of turning Reed and I into the marionettes, complete with strings.***

7 comments:

A said...

I'm proud to say the least...and happy that you don't look overdressed at all!

Chelsea said...

You look cute Kendall, but Reed looks gay! Just kidding Reed.

Bryan and Marissa said...

Kendall those have to be the sweetest costumes I am way impressed!

Kids in the Kong said...

You two look awesome!

Melia and Christian said...

Reed..... I think our lives are now complete! Way to go, Kendall!! Miss you guys...

john and nikki said...

LOVE the costumes guys, great job!

Holly Park said...
This comment has been removed by the author.