Sunday, March 13, 2011

The conflicted life of a 4yr old

Recently we've been working on G's prayers, trying to stretch them from standard and repetitive to more thoughtful and personal. Apparently it's working b/c both his primary teachers stoppped me after to church and told me G had given an incredibly heartfelt prayer that even included "the monster earthquake in Japan". G really is such a gentle soul with an tender heart. As one teacher put it, "on the one hand I wanted to burst out laughing but on the other hand he was so sincere that I could really feel the spirit."

Fast forward to tonight after a fun-filled weekend and a long sunday that led to a somewhat traumatic bedtime.

"Please bless Mommy because she's the worst and she's the best...and I don't like that Mommy makes me go to bed, please help me to be good and make my bed nicely."

Wanting so badly to be good, but struggling with being only 4,



No comments: