Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sensational Seven

If you know anything about Matts you know that he considers anything worth doing is worth doing to excess. Luckily, this it seems that seven is all about sweetness and expression.

EXHIBIT A:
"Mom could you please not throw away my homework? Because it makes me feel like you don't respect my hard work when you do."
EXHIBIT B:
"Mom, I'm so sorry that I hurt your feelings I'm going to try to do my very best to never do it again." (completely self initiated after I had a meltdown that had something to do with boys and messes and noise)

THE present
EXHIBIT C:
"Mom, I just love you so much. More than anything and not just because you gave me the best present in the world. I love you the most because you are the best mom ever"
And because you CANNOT turn seven without celebrating with your friends...we threw together a quick party. Let me just reiterate that Legos are genius. What else could keep 10 children entertained with minimal planning and minimal destruction?
Mattson: The way you you embrace life and live it to the fullest brought life and light back into our home. You are passionate and curious and always striving to do more and be better.
We love you so much and can't wait to see what seven brings.

2 comments:

Holly Park said...

A big happy birthday to that guy! He is such a sweet and fun boy! I'm glad he had a wonderful day with the best present ever.

Diane said...

A BIG Happy Birthday to sweet Mattson!! Wow--where have these past 7 years gone??? It looks like he had a fun day. I absolutely love the new blog picture. Those are very handsome and wonderful boys.