Saturday, March 5, 2011

My kicks are better than yours

As a final act of awesomeness my mom got the boys new shoes. I absolutely detest shoe shopping for the boys (me, not so much). I detest the ugliness, the exorbitant prices and the complete shortage of velcro options.
(I have a goal to send my boys to college w/o knowing how to tie their shoes)
After a LONG afternoon of too many stores and waaay too many seemingly identical pairs that just 'didn't feel right' we hit the jackpot. A week later Gray in particular is completely enamored with his shoes and their super sonic speed. Or, as he put it at breakfast this morning;

"These shoes make me faster than God"


I didn't know we brought some good old-fashioned hubris home as a souvenir from Rome. Apparently a nice baptist preschool+Peterson confidence =
COMPLETE DOMINATION.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

i'm learning the same thing myself, only with clothes (shoes will be necessary in the next few months when he walks). boys shoes are either a- ugly and cheap or b- darling and expensive.
your boys are so cute and we miss you guys!

Diane said...

Adorable, Kendall! Your boys say the best things! How was your trip?

Jacobson Five said...

I'm with you on the shoe thing. I finally bought Tanner (age 8) some tie shoes and most days he walk around with the laces untied. When he tripped and fell and got a massive bloody nose 2 weeks ago, I thought, maybe it is time we teach him to tie his shoes...and maybe I'll get around to it one of these days (or maybe not).