Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tommy Boy

Even though our trip was delayed due to a crazy snow storm that shut down the Eurostar, we were still able to catch Uncle Thomas in Paris (barely, he was transferred the week after we visited).  With the approval of his mission president, we arranged to take Elder Newell and Elder Gibson out for a dinner appointment.  The boys were thrilled and I don't think Grayson stopped talking the entire time.  

Elder Newell!

Don't worry Mom, we took him out for Steak-frites for his birthday dinner.  
Perhaps my favorite part of the evening was as we perused the aisle of the local Carrefour to stock their pantry.  Thomas asked what I thought of Reed's work; if he enjoyed it, if it was good for our family, etc.  After I finished answering, Thomas nodded and responded with,
 "Well, I've decided it's that or seminary teacher." 
Oh, how I love missionaries! 

No comments: