Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Place

The weather may have been cold, gloomy and downright rotten, but over the past few months I've found my happy places in London.

BOROUGH MARKET
Pure food nirvana.  I never leave in anything less than a blissful food coma.  From pastries to cheeses and fresh pressed olive oil to smoothies and a plethora of sandwiches.  There is true happiness to be found in eating  raclette covered potatoes followed by the perfect almond croissant
Little C enjoying a smoothie

Even G found something he loved.

 THE BRITISH LIBRARY
Definitely, "How have I not been here until now?" place.  But, after spending 2+hours there with Ariel and following it up with 3 trips in a month I think I've made up for lost time.  There is something truly magical about seeing masterpieces (both musical and literary) written in the hand our their creators. 

The Mysterious Mystery Exhibit


Just a few of King George III's books.

No comments: