Thursday, October 4, 2007

Boys will be boys

Well, the bets are over. After 3 /12 years of parenting we finally had our first "emergency" trip to the doctor. Surprisingly, it was Gray and not Matts who needed the trip. I was in Matts' room getting winter clothes out for our trip to Utah. Gray was crawled into his room, which I wrongly assumed was baby-proofed. Next thing I knew there were screams and ALOT of blood. Gray had somehow popped the cover off his nightlight and shattered the bulb. It slit open his third and fourth finger pretty badly. Luckily, we have the best neighbors, so I ran next door and Nima jumped in the car (to put pressure on the cut) and off we drove to the pediatrician. They tried to dermabond it, but the next morning it came undone and bled all over. (Note the above picture) This led to a return trip to the ped's office where they attempted to bandage his fingers together multiple times and multiple ways. Gray, being his determined little self, had the "successful" bandage off by the time we got home. So, I took matters into my own hands. I called Scott and with his ER experience he directed me in fashioning Gray's "mitt". I, of course, feel terrible. Especially now that it looks like he cut off his fingers entirely. All I can say is, I'm glad we're on vacation next week.



The "Mitt"

1 comment:

Kandis said...

You've got to be kidding me! I can't believe that happened! Oh wow, Grayson is giving Matts a run for his money, just joking. I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to bandage his little hand. I bet that sure made for a crazy weekend.