Monday, August 18, 2008

The Olympic dream

There once was a girl who dreamed of the Olympics. This dream included triple loops, spirals, sequins and of course, a gold medal. Her Olympic dream was realized with ginormous pictures, purple spandex, "KISS" and pyrotechnics. No one's rear should be that big

Sharing a dressing room with KISS during the closing ceremonies



Today, her Olympic dream consists of trying to stay awake long enough to watch Phelps/gymnastics, creating festive desserts and planning her boys' Olympic dreams (I'm thinking badminton and rowing).

***The inspiration for this post began as I constructed the blue ring and my thoughts returned to the joy that was my previous life. While closing a show 4 of my friends and I prepared to personify the Olympic rings. As I stepped toward the ice intertwined with the other ring bearers I proudly held my blue hula hoop high in the air. The nanosecond before I stepped onto that slippery sheet I realized that I had forgotten to remove my gaurds (blade protectors). Frantically I whispered "wait, wait." Tragically, the march had already begun and my beautiful blue ring and I crashed to the ice taking everyone and everything with us.***

Good times, Good times

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

good times for sure! I sadly don't have any pictures with Kiss, BUT I have a lot of us in our spermsuits. :) As for tips for the triathlon---practice the swim more than anything. Nothing can prepare you for utter madness in the water. :) Good luck. You'll have to post pictures and let us know how you do.

Mike and Mackenzie Day said...

Haha - I sooo remember this moment. Almost as awesome as Rachelle's pyrotechnics going off in the dressing room. That was her, right?