Friday, June 22, 2012

Caerleon

One of the things that has left me very pleasantly surprised is how helpful and kind most people are.  I guess with the 3boys I always brace myself for the worst.  But, most people we met were extremely friendly and helpful.  While in the pool at St. Pierre's I struck up a conversation with an older couple.  After learning of our quest for all things Roman they suggested going onto to Caerleon before returning to London.  It was a fantastic suggestion.  On the way to Caerleon we passed the remains of a roman town and it's wall and then in Caerleon they have an amphitheatre, a bath house and a Roman Battalion museum.  It was the perfect way to end the weekend. 
The Roman Centurion

The Gladiator

Me Too! Me Too!

Ching Ching

Scaling the Amphitheatre

Ready for Battle

"Mom, take of picture of me meditating in the sanctuary of the Roman garden"

"No, really mom, I feel really peaceful here."
I think we'll be recreating a Roman garden back in Georgia. 

1 comment: