Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Now when I am baptized...

After waiting for 2 1/2 months since turning 8 Matts was baptized today.  It was well worth the wait.

Getting ready



Reed, Matts and Grandpa Greg in front of the same font I was baptized in 5,285 days ago (Thanks  for the calculations, Dad)

Matts taking things in Sverige quite seriously.

The Werjefeldt family.  When we were first living in Sweden, Brother Werjefeldt was our bishop and presided over my baptism.  For the past 20+ years our families have stayed in touch and enjoyed their visits to the States.   
G wasn't so sure about the whole thing, but was a trooper and sang with his cousins.  




Miss Amanda.  His Primary teacher (for one week :)


Little C was very enthusiastic about the whole event and after watching Matts be baptized, spent the rest of the meeting yelling "My Baptized" at random intervals.

My first born.  As Matts walked into the font and was getting situated he looked right at me and gave me a little wink.  I love this boy.



Flying high

Much happier after some brownie balls.

One step closer to being together as family forever.  

 It was a wonderful day.  I was so proud to watch Matts and hear his sweet testimony.  He has such a strong spirit and wants to do what is right.  He takes things very seriously and literally.  Our closing song was "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ", because "I will be, Mom" (duh).  I'm so grateful for his desire to choose the right and the the way it's led him to be worthy to be baptized.  

3 comments:

Holly Park said...

Hooray for Mattson for making such an Important choice! We are so proud of him! Looks like you guys had a special day.

Chelsea said...

Yay Matts! I can't believe how old he is getting. We were all sad to miss it but I'm sure it was a special day!

rk said...

you look beautiful, kendall!