Monday, November 12, 2012

Florence: Day 2

Touring a city with kiddos you get a completely different perspective.  We skipped the original "David" and instead visited the copy in the original location.  And instead of hitting up the Uffizi we enjoyed the carousel at the Piazza dell Repubblica, which has been entertaining kids for over a century.  Lastly, we enjoyed the wide open parks and views that Florence had to offer.
"Now this is Fun!"
Striking their manliet poses.

When Christian first saw "David" he declared, "He took off his diaper."
Yes, yes he did

The statue gallery.  After learning my lesson with the Gates of Paradise I began spouting random mythological tales that I thought matched the statues.  After finding the guide, I was 5 for 6.  

Not sure why we need more naked boys in our family :)


At 5 (almost 6!).  G still enjoyed the carousel.  With Matts we had our first tween "moment" as he declared the carousel "lame."

But at 2 1/2, it was absolutely magical.  

Beautiful view from Piazzale Michelangelo.

My favorite Italian city.


I love Reed.


The mandatory game of ching, ching.

G: faster than a speeding bullet.

A different arch, a different city, a different battle

Have I mentioned I love Reed?

No comments: