Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rome: Going Solo

Since Reed was working I got to spend some of our time in Rome solo with the kiddos.  I must say I was a little nervous, but with some advance planning and laid back agenda we had a great time.  

Reed did a great job meeting up with up between meetings/events/dinners.

A huge hit was Torre Argentina.  It's a cat sanctuary, right where Julius Caesar was killed.  These were some pretty sophisticated felines.  

Not such a huge hit-the Vatican.  But, you gotta go :)

I drug the boys to the Vatican first thing one morning.  We were among the first in and I'm embarrassed to say, rushed through multiple masterpieces on our way to the Sistine Chapel.  With the little guy to contend with I knew we had a limited time frame and I wanted the boys to be able to soak it in.  I got a little teary eyed as we walked in and the boys spent the next 20 minutes listening to the children audioguides and pointing out Adam/God, Moses and all the rest.  It was a magical!


Outside St. Peter's Cathedral.  We opted out of the 60min + wait to get in :)

And back to attack!

And our favorite-The global sport of pigeon hunting.  

No comments: