Monday, November 12, 2012

Milan

Milan was the city I was most nervous about.  Reed was working most the time and with it's fashion capital of Italy status, I worried we may run out of things to do.  But, I've decided, give me a good transit system, a good hotel and some open spaces and we can entertain ourselves for days on end.  
Reed's old boss was in town for the conference and we got to meet up with him and his wife for dinner.
Honestly, some of the best people we know.
Side note:  in true European fashion we started dinner late and it went looong.  However, the boys were fantastic!  As we left the restaurant at 10:30pm all we could do was praise them and Apple for inventing the iphone.

Duomo 2.  Can you guess who got sick in the middle of our trip.  I swear, his cough is going to drive me insane.  

Brothers!

We love checking out all the different playgrounds.

Ching-Chinging our way through the Sforza Castle

Being in Italy really made me appreciate the museums in London.  In Italy we found an interesting mix;  the museums/sites were very hands-off and not really geared toward kids.  But, everyone we interacted with was so kind towards the boys.  Waitresses would take Christian away to entertain during dinner and the big boys gained a lot experience with the 'smile and nod" tactic of foreign languages.   
So easily entertained.

Like I said, another city, another arch, another battle.

No comments: